Cabbage, Carrot And Onion Curry Recipe
- 1/2 small cabbage
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 large onions
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
1. Cut the cabbage into small pieces.
2. In a separate container cut carrots into thin rounds.
3. Peel onions and cut into small pieces.
4. In a medium-sized pan saute the onion with butter or margarine. When onions feel soft, add mustard seeds. 30 seconds after that add cumin powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder. Mix the spices.
5. Drop carrots in pan and saute. Put the lid on for 5 minutes. Now add cabbage. Mix all the vegetables together. Add cinnamon powder, salt, and chili powder. Put the lid on. Wait for 5 minutes.
6. Turn over mixture in pan. Make sure the spices don't stick to the bottom of the pan. Put the lid back on and leave it another 8 minutes. If you want curry to be softer, keep the lid on longer after cooking.
7. Serve hot or warm.