Egg Foo Yung
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup fresh tatsoi – both leaves and stems - minced . You
may substitute baby bok choi or kale.
. You may substitute baby bok choi or kale.
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 lb mushrooms – stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby bok choi – shredded
- 3 radishes – finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger root – peeled and grated
- 1 bunch of scallions – both white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic – grated or pressed
- salt and pepper,
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken/veggie stock
- 1/4 cup tamari or aged soy sauce
- hot sauce
(1) Whisk eggs together then stir in In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs then stir in: tatsoi, carrots, mushrooms, radishes, bok choi, scallions, grated ginger, radishes and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and mix until completely combined.
(2) Using a large spoon, drop about 1/2 cup of the mixture onto the preheated and oiled griddle. Cook like pancakes, about 2-3 minutes per side, until golden.
(3) SAUCE: Combine cornstarch with a splash of chicken/veggie stock to dissolve. Place remaining stock, tamari, cornstarch, hot sauce and sliced ginger in a small pot. Bring Thicken 3 minutes or so to coat a spoon. Remove sliced ginger and turn off heat.